Now that our studio is built we’re keen to share our knowledge about clay – how to turn your ideas into reality and to explore this amazing material. Our studio is well equiped with Leach style treadle wheels, lots of workspace and storage, fully stocked with glaze materials and a selection of moulds and other equipment for hand building.
For the 2021 Workshops we’re only taking bookings after the “Booking opens” date listed in the class details. To book, please click on the button that is below the workshop open for bookings. We work on a first in, first served order and full payment of the course fee is required to secure your place on the workshop. Please read the Terms and Conditions at the bottom of the classes page.
While we hope that COVID 19 won’t interrupt 2021 in the same manner it did in 2020 we will adjust our schedule if lockdowns or level changes do occur.
Day Workshops for 2021
Glaze Technology – Advanced
Date: 16 October, 9am to 4pm
Delve into the chemistry that sits behind the materials we use in glazes. This course is focussed on understanding Unity Molecular Formula and how that applies to your glazes. We look at the important ratios between different oxides and how these affect your glazes. We will be using various computer programmes and experiments to understand how the ratios alter glazes. Maximum 6 students. $160 (includes refreshments and lunch)
Subscribe to our newsletters
If you would like to receive advanced notice of our workshops and classes then fill in the form below to be added to our Mailchimp subscription.
Terms and Conditions
- Rahu Road Pottery reserves the right to cancel a class if it fails to achieve a minimum number of enrolments, or for reasons outside its control. A full refund will be given if the course is cancelled by Rahu Road Pottery.
- If a student cancels their enrolment three or more weeks prior to course commencement then a full refund will be given. If a student cancels their enrolment within two week of course commencement then a refund will be given minus an administration fee of $60. If a student cancels their enrolment within one week or after the start date of the course then no refund will be given.
- A confirmed booking requires full payment of the tuition fee.
- Rahu Road Pottery reserves the right to discontinue tuition for any student deemed to be unsuitable for the course.
- Rahu Road Pottery reserves the right to change the tutor on advertised courses and replace that tutor with another suitable tutor without advertising those changes or refunding course fees.
- All students must comply with the Health and Safety policy of Rahu Road Pottery