Now that our studio is built we’re keen to share our knowledge about clay – how to turn your ideas into reality and to explore this amazing material. Our studio is well equiped with Leach style treadle wheels, lots of workspace and storage, fully stocked with glaze materials and a selection of moulds and other equipment for hand building.
For the 2021 Workshops we’re only taking bookings after the “Booking opens” date listed in the class details. To book, please click on the button that is below the workshop open for bookings. We work on a first in, first served order and full payment of the course fee is required to secure your place on the workshop. Please read the Terms and Conditions at the bottom of the classes page.
While we hope that COVID 19 won’t interrupt 2021 in the same manner it did in 2020 we will adjust our schedule if lockdowns or level changes do occur.
Day Workshops for 2021
Glaze Technology – Intermediate
Date: 3 July, 9am to 4pm
This course is focussed on understanding what materials are used in making up a glaze, how to formulate a recipe and test it and how to take an existing glaze and make it your own by adapting it to your clay and style. You will have a go at glaze test trials and learn tips of the trade about material selection. There will also be time to answer your specific glaze issue. Maximum 6 students. $160 (includes refreshments and lunch)
Glaze Technology – Advanced
Date: 4 September, 9am to 4pm
Booking opens: 16 August, 9am
Delve into the chemistry that sits behind the materials we use in glazes. This course is focussed on understanding Unity Molecular Formula and how that applies to your glazes. We look at the important ratios between different oxides and how these affect your glazes. Maximum 6 students. $160 (includes refreshments and lunch)
Weekend Workshops for 2021
Wood firing – Beyond the basics
#1 – Dates: 12 & 13 June – FULL
This workshops is an opportunity for students with some experience of the process to have a larger space in our kiln, allowing for more experimentation and refinement. Students are encouraged to use this chance to develop their own style of wood fired soda glazing. The kiln volume is divided into three with Duncan taking a third along with the two students. Loading will be on Saturday and firing on Sunday, unloading and cleaning on the following Saturday. A limited range of glazes and flashing slips available. Maximum 2 people, $330 (includes refreshments and lunches)
Subscribe to our newsletters
If you would like to receive advanced notice of our workshops and classes then fill in the form below to be added to our Mailchimp subscription.
Terms and Conditions
- Rahu Road Pottery reserves the right to cancel a class if it fails to achieve a minimum number of enrolments, or for reasons outside its control. A full refund will be given if the course is cancelled by Rahu Road Pottery.
- If a student cancels their enrolment three or more weeks prior to course commencement then a full refund will be given. If a student cancels their enrolment within two week of course commencement then a refund will be given minus an administration fee of $60. If a student cancels their enrolment within one week or after the start date of the course then no refund will be given.
- A confirmed booking requires full payment of the tuition fee.
- Rahu Road Pottery reserves the right to discontinue tuition for any student deemed to be unsuitable for the course.
- Rahu Road Pottery reserves the right to change the tutor on advertised courses and replace that tutor with another suitable tutor without advertising those changes or refunding course fees.
- All students must comply with the Health and Safety policy of Rahu Road Pottery